The term ‘Transition Computing’, ‘Transition’, or ‘us’, “our” or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, Transition Computing Ltd, whose address is Transition House, 2 Copperhouse Court, Caldecotte, Milton Keynes, MK7 8NL, United Kingdom. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
“You”, “Your”, “Yourself”, “User”, and “Visitor” means the user of the Website
“Website” means the website and its content provided by Transition Computing Ltd under the domain name transitioncomputing.com (‘the Website’) and its subdomains.
The terms of this Acceptable Use Policy (the Terms) relate to your use of the website and its content provided by Transition under the domain name transitioncomputing.com (‘the Website’).
We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and/or of the Services from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system’s capabilities or for any other reason in our sole discretion which we may decide. Your continued access to or use of the Website and/or the Services constitutes your acceptance of any such change and/or amendment.
2. Illegal use: You agree not to use the website for or in the pursuit of illegal purposes. Transition cooperates with the authorities in investigations into illegal Internet use, and will take both criminal and civil legal action against Users who use the website and/or its contents in an unlawful way. You agree not to directly or indirectly allow a third party to use the website in an illegal or unsuitable manner.
3. Harassment: You agree not to use the website for harassment, threats, verbal abuse, and/or persistent unwanted contact(s) of any kind. Harassment covers any use of the website to directly or indirectly contact any other user or administrator in an unwanted fashion. Harassment can be active, in forms including but not limited to unwanted emails, and/or chat messages, and/or verbal declarations on a public forum, and can be passive in the form of defamatory information posted on websites.
5. Fraud/False Advertising: You agree not to post or transmit fraudulent information on or through the website. This can include false advertising, identity theft, misrepresentation of any kind including phishing, forged email headers and/or fictitious email addresses.
6. Unsolicited Advertising/Spamming: You agree not to post or transmit any unsolicited material through any active medium such as email, chat, messaging, chain letters, advertisements, jokes, etc. Transition does not tolerate unsolicited mass emailing (‘spamming’) of any kind, and the use of any of Transition’s systems for this purpose is strictly prohibited. You further agree not to collect or harvest account information without the explicit prior consent of those from whom you collect the information.
7. Disruptive Content: You agree not to post or transmit any disruptive content. Certain kinds of content broadcast or displayed on the Internet can generate a great deal of disruption and reaction from the Internet community as a whole. This can include, but is not limited to, material that is considered obscene, offensive, or extremely controversial. While Transition does not actively censor its Users, the reaction this material can generate can be expensive and time consuming, and as such makes the continued support of Users generating this kind of content of questionable business value to Transition. You understand and agree that Transition may suspend or terminate your access to its systems should your usage constitute disruptive content, as determined by Transition in its sole discretion.
This website and its content is copyright of Transition Computing Ltd (trading as Transition) – © 1998-2018. All rights reserved.
Transition respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects You to do the same. It is a violation of this Acceptable Use Policy to use the Services to transmit and/or store copyrighted material in a manner that is contrary to any applicable legislation. If Transition has a reasonable belief, in its sole judgment, that You have violated this Acceptable Use Policy, Transition may take any action it deems appropriate, which may include, without limitation, notifying You of a suspected violation, suspending your account, or terminating your account. These actions are in addition to and not by way of substitution of any and/or all other remedies that we may have against You under any applicable law.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
1. you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only;
2. you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
If you believe your work has been copied in any way that constitutes infringement, please provide us with the following information:
(a) An electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
(b) A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(c) Identification of where the material (including the URL if possible) that you claim is infringing is located;
(d) Your address, telephone number and email address;
(e) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
(f) A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury if you are asked to testify on the matter in a court of law, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
For all copyright related matters, you may contact us by writing to matt.deboer (at) transitioncomputing.com
Transition may make changes to the Acceptable Use Policy from time to time. When these changes are made, Transition will make a new copy of the Acceptable Use Policy available at https://www.transitioncomputing.com/acceptable-use
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.